Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time to put Australia behind us......hello tomorrow

I loved my trip. It was packed so full of so many adventures that it deserves just one more post.

We had a fun day at an odd little zoo the Steve Irwin and his Dad founded. The tour guide on our bus, who was very anti-American, droned on and on about how nobody really cared about Steve Irwin in Australia. He was just a hollywood creation that Americans idolized, how stupid the whole "crikey" saying was... blah blah blah....then later he tells how the whole country of Australia was stunned at his untimely death. How they mourned as a nation for two months.

The zoo was fun. Very small but intimate. Steve Irwin and the word "crikey" is EVERYWHERE. The only person or thing seen as commonly is Bindy. Seriously...she is more over-publicized than Shilo Pitt and Suri Cruise.

Here are a couple of photos.






It's time to start looking forward to my next great adventure. I have a "to-do" list for the next two weeks that is miles long. I am excited to take it on.

But, before I forget.

Alyssa & Jessica-Thank you for being the kind of young women that make me want to be a better person. You are such a joy and fill my heart with love.

Wade-Thanks for being such a fun and loving brother. I think back on all the crazy trips and adventures we have had. Thanks for cutting me some slack on the "cheap sister" thing. The kind of "declares" going around were, frankly, a little out of my range...at least when I'm not carrying the Platinum! Love you.

Judy & Kori-Wow! Another amazing adventure you have shared with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. There are no words.

Peace Out-
jlr

PS. Big Brother starts tonight WOOHOO!!!

2 comments:

Alyssa Joy

aw that was so sweet! It wouldn't have been the same without you... no late night french fries, no plotting to get us alone with the 3 white boys, no sassy comments to the front of the bus, and no cute pics! Love you aunt nae you are my role model!

Allison Barnes

looks like it was an amazing trip!! That's somewhere I would like to go someday!

So jealous about the new mac book. my ibook is on it's last leg... i just taped up my cord this morning because it has a short!