Monday, October 4, 2010

Baseball, hot dogs, garlic fries and Kadee May!

We are so lucky to live in a place that you can get to God's greatest areas in just a couple of hours!  3 hours to the North and you are in Zion and Bryce, Kolob and the awesome Cedar Mountains!

4 hours (if traffic cooperates!) you are along the beautiful coast of Southern California.  We love it there and have been going as a family in the Summer time for 23 years now.  It's by far one of my favorite vacations ever.


This year we had an opportunity to saunter up to LA to see my niece Kadee sing the national anthem at the Dodgers game.  She is so talented and I was super excited to go cheer her on.  I bragged to anyone who would listen that she was going to be the star!  I did a ton of research and figured out where we could have a great view of Kadee and the game. Invested a small fortune for seats.  

Jake and I jumped into the car and began the 46 mile trek from Newport at
 2:00p for the 6:30p game.  
Hello!! California Freeways.
  Are you kidding me?
  After much anxiety and possibly a few episodes of road rage...we made it to the game.  
During the 3rd inning.  
We missed Kadee completely.  Holy highway smokes.  
46 miles in 4 1/2 hours.  
Shoot me now.  
Or then.
  Nevermind.

Jake and I are not the kind to let stuff get us down.  We decided to enjoy the best part of a Summer Night at Dodger Stadium.
Dodger Dogs!
Garlic Fries!
Ice Cream!
$$$$$


By the time I got down to our seats it was the top if the 6th Inning.  Seriously? The yummy food was going to be totally worth it.
A couple friendly fans around us looked questioningly at our food.  It was strange.  They would look at our haul and look at each other with their eyebrows raised.
What was the deal??
Finally the friendly guy next to us, in our wonderful seats, informed us that food was complimentary for these seats ticket holders.  What!?!
You should have seen the restaurant we had total access to.  Big Screen TV's, salad bar, hot dogs, Sundae Bar, cookies, good stuff.


I'm glad we figured it out right before the 9th inning.


And the short drive (ha!) back to Oceanside.


After investing enough money to finance a small home.


What a great adventure!


We had the best time! 

2 comments:

Kadee

I'm SO sad we missed you guys!!! Thanks for coming though!

Kathy's Boys

I'm so glad you're back to blogging. I love reading about all of your adventures. We need to do another
girlfriend trip and invite Jan for our entertainment! :)